We are a conceptual, theme based, experiential stay and not the service, facilities or amenities oriented one.The Maachli Farmstay is a niche concept meant for a small, distinguished and classy section of tourist population.
Please consider following tips:
- The walk from the parking area to the entrance is roughly 200 mts on an uneven surface. The guests have to cross a betel nut trunks bridge over a beautiful water stream. Hence, the guests are requested to carry minimum required baggage.The same pathway from the parking area till the entrance of the farm is not lit up in the night.so carry the torches.
- Mobile network is not guaranteed. However, the guests can use host landline/wifi if required. Television is avoided in order to maintain seclusion and enhance your relationship with nature.
- The cottages are designed innovatively by using cross ventilation technique and surrounded by the thick plantation which rules out requirement of air conditioner.We fiercely promote a summer friendly and environment lifestyle and staying without air conditioner is part of it.
- We do not offer room service and no eatables are allowed in the cottage. Since cottages are located in the plantation area, there are chances of entry of ants and rats to eat residue or leftovers. Eatables can be eaten in the dining area.
- We do not serve alcohol or have MRP counter (for chips, beverages, etc).
Our check in time is 1.00pm and check out is 11 am.
- Guests are requested to carry valid photo ID proof, floaters, hat, rain wear, torches, etc.
- The supplies in the room include 2 bath towels,2 soaps,liquid soap,2 essence sticks( a mosquito repellent),4 hangers and our own filtered well water.You are requested to carry any other item of your choice which is not provided by us. for example shampoo,conditioner,
moisturizer,face wash,dental kit,shaving kit,cotton wipes,hairdrier, earbuds,first aid box etc.
We have no specific activities for the kids. We have realized the fact that kids enjoy nature a lot and are not in need of any activity! However, parents are requested to accompany their kids all the time and make sure that the plants remain unharmed.
Maachli is most suitable for couples, families and solo travellers. Our farmstay is not recommended for unhealthy or ill people as specialized medical aid is only available in Kudal (20km from Maachli).
We do not have an a-la-carte facility. We serve ethnic, authentic, regional, and traditional Malvani Saraswat cuisine cooked on wood fire. The menu is fixed and we do not serve any other style of cuisine.
We are located in a dense plantation, very close to the jungle, thus living in a rich and healthy ecosystem. There is immense scope for exploring birds, butterflies, insects, etc. If lucky enough, one can encounter a few varieties of reptiles also.
We are situated in a remote area and so, there are no such options nearby. You have food options either in Malvan (24km), Vengurla (25km) or the small inn situated around 5 km from the homestay.
It is a great experience staying in Maachlis (traditional huts prepared by farmers) as one can experience great abundance of flora and fauna. We, as hosts have relished those beautiful movements staying in Maachli and wish to share the same with our distinguished and niche travelers. Our ideas are aligned with sustainability and environment friendly living and we strive to showcase the extraordinary side of the ordinary village life style. The Maachli Farmstay can also be termed as a contemporary home stay or a boutique property. It is an appropriate platform for the guests to interact with the hosts for absorbing the culture, tradition, flora and fauna and significantly the sustainability and eco friendliness. The luxury at Maachli is not in the form of services, amenities, facilities and a surplus of materialistic things, but is in the concept, ecosystem, experience and an idyllic village life! Our role is to help guests unfold it. The experience is unique in itself and incompatible with any of the typical hotels or resorts.